Among the objectives that have been proposed by the Association of Centenarian Restaurants and Taverns of Madrid (RCM) can be found:
- Combine efforts to consolidate the traditional gastronomy of our Community.
Put the Centenarian Restaurants and Taverns of Madrid on the map so that they become well-known and appreciated both within and outside our borders.
- Broadcast the excellence of the Centenarian Restaurants and Taverns as well as their history and their traditions.
- Collaboration with Institutions to publicize the cuisine of the centenarian restaurants so as to form part of the Historical Heritage of the City of Madrid.
- Participation in culinary events, as well as giving talks on gastronomy.
- Consolidating and recruitment of the century-old establishments of Madrid as a recognition of their history, philosophy, work and craftsmanship over more than 100 years of antiquity.
- And, lastly, justify the adaptation of the current regulations to the legitimate peculiarities of establishments that have existed for more than 100 years.
To achieve these objectives there have been a series of promotional initiatives for their dissemination.
- Creation of the brand RCM as a distinctive and differentiating emblem of the Association.
- Creation of a General Information Guide about RCM and the establishments it is composed of.
- Creation of a map with a “Gastronomic Route of the Centenarian Restaurants and Taverns of Madrid”.
- Creation of personalized information guides for each establishment that broadly include relevant information about its formation, history, eccentricities, anecdotes and broad commercial information including address, telephone for reservations, opening hours, average prices, specialities and recommended recipes.
- Identification by an accreditation plaque relating to the Association of Centenarian Restaurants and Taverns of Madrid.
- Making a cookbook with the most significiant dishes from traditional Madrilenian cuisine.
- Participation in diverse culinary books and magazines.
- Web page of the Association.
- Publication of various announcements from associates in different social networks like Twitter or Facebook.
- Promotion and broadcasting the route of Centenarian Restaurants and Taverns of Madrid through agreements with national and foreign tour operators.
- Promotion and dissemination of an RCM Presentation Dossier to both Spanish and foreign Embassies, Consulates and trade offices.